WHY JOIN THE NEW YORK ANGELS?
Membership in the New York Angels offers investors many advantages. Some of them include:
- Association with a premier angel group in New York City.
- Increased deal flow to top emerging companies across a broad range of industries.
- Improved deal terms as a result of investing collectively..
- Introductions and access to the New York Angels network of over 75 successful New York City entrepreneurs and business leaders.
- Opportunity to work as a team to evaluate and learn from each other during Due Diligence.
- High quality monthly meetings with top notch company and educational presentations
New York Angels is a Non Stock Corporation and is managed by a Board of Directors elected by the membership who supervises a small professional staff. New York Angels is not a fund and does not invest as a group. Our members collaborate on due diligence and pool their investment funds to create critical mass; but each member makes individual investment decisions and understands that investments in early-stage, privately-held ventures are risky and can be highly illiquid. Typical angel investments can take years before capital is returned, and, in some cases, the company goes out of business and no money is returned. Serving on corporate boards can also expose an individual to substantial personal liability.